Re: [Gimp-user] I need the Gimp 2.9 where i can find ??

Hello,

On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 8:20 PM, ypersyntelykos <forums gimpusers com> wrote:
Good afternoon

I need to down load the Gimp 2.9 now i have Gimp 2.8 in Linux mint 17 v2 x64

Where i can find and down load ??

What we call "GIMP 2.9" is the development version, so there is not
*one* GIMP 2.9, as it will change at each and every commit (like
several times a day often). This is typically a moving target.

GIMP 2.8.14 is the last GIMP stable release (I see Linux Mint 17 still
uses GIMP 2.8.10, but I assume they will update at some point, soon
hopefully).

If you were to use the development version, be prepared to crashes,
weird behavior, broken tools, etc. (anything to be expected from a dev
version). And of course, worst of all, there is the risk to lose hours
of work in case any of these problems happen.
If you are ok with these, then there are some nightly builds
available: http://nightly.darkrefraction.com/gimp/

Have fun,

Jehan
--