Re: [Gimp-user] Plugin for the 2.8 save vs. export behavior

On Friday 10 Oct 2014 10:38:52 Bob Long wrote:
http://www.shallowsky.com/software/gimp-save/

Maurice writes:
  Thank you, Bob. I've at last got round to installing that plug-in.

However, although that web page says:

"It will show up in your File menu as Save-export clean, probably right under
Save a copy."

-  here (on Linux Mageia-4) all I can see is "overwrite" (with the 'w'
underlined.

Overwrite is built into GIMP 2.8, not related to Save-export clean.
Perhaps you forgot to make the plug-in executable?

However: I've been meaning to announce a much more flexible save
plug-in, "Saver", which I've been using myself for nearly a year.
I've added a description of it and links to it on that same
gimp-save page Bob mentioned. Saver gives you the option of a
"Saver as..." dialog so you can save/export to different filenames,
and it also lets you save as XCF and at the same time, export a
JPG, possibly scaled down; I've found that useful when building
images for the web.

No warranty or guarantee implied, but for people who find themselves
bugged by the Save/Export split, this may be a workable solution.

        ...Akkana