Re: [Gimp-user] HATE the new save vs. export behavior

* Richard <strata_ranger hotmail com> [11-03-14 13:27]:
To: gimp-user-list gnome org
From: melleus openmailbox org
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2014 16:06:54 +0200
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] HATE the new save vs. export behavior

Everybody who prefers to lose information when exporting the work to jpg
instead of saving it and posesses the skill of reading could find in the
manual the way to remap the hotleys. No problem to discuss.

There's only one "problem" with the current model:  I, for one, would love an option to suppress the
unsaved changes prompt in the event that I'm working on a simple image file that is exported to a standard
file format and has no XCF associated with it.  Such as when I'm downscaling digital photos for uploading
to the Internet.

BUT, you are using a tool which is not build nor intended for that
audience, so you adjust or use a different tool.