[Gimp-user] HATE the new save vs. export behavior

I /hate/ the new Save vs. Export behavior. It is completely
non-intuitive to me, it makes my brain stumble every time I try to do
just about any of the things that I do in GIMP on a regular basis, and
it makes most of my workflows take more thought and more button clicks

I love the Gimp and have been a very happy Gimp user since 2004's v 2.0 when I
changed to Ubuntu 4.10. So with over 10 years experience as a Gimp user behind
me I too am completely frustrated and perplexed by these changes. Similarly, I
face the same workflow problems as Jonathan Kamens' 2012-05-03 00:45:16 posting
and find that what was once pleasureable and easy job of creating and editing
png files is now an arduous task. I've been battling with 2.8 for over a year
and things are not getting any easier.

So my question to the developers is:
Has there been any futher developments to remedy this issue?

--
miyuumeow (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)