[Gimp-user] User's Guide to High Bit Depth GIMP 2.9

I posted a "User's Guide to High Bit Depth GIMP 2.9" to my website.

Some of the GIMP 2.9 code still uses hard-coded "sRGB-only" parameters.

Consequently, if you use GIMP 2.9 to edit images in wider gamut RGB working spaces such as ProPhotoRGB or AdobeRGB1998, the affected editing operations produce incorrect results.

The "User's Guide" tells you which editing operations to watch out for and also provides some workarounds.

Some of the workarounds are simple, and some require making small modifications to the source code and then recompiling babl/GEGL/GIMP.

Here's the link:
http://ninedegreesbelow.com/photography/users-guide-to-high-bit-depth-gimp.html

The Guide talks about color management and so gets a bit technical in places. So if anyone has questions, please ask and I'll do my best to answer them.

Best regards,
Elle Stone
--
http://ninedegreesbelow.com
Color management and free/libre photography