Re: [Gimp-user] Creating metallic effect on skin

On Sat, May 17, 2014, at 11:52 AM, WoodGoat wrote:
Hello-

As a newbie Gimp user, (non photographer, non artist, non graphics
designer)
I'm getting more comfortable with how to use and create with this
astonishing
program.

While fooling around with basic colorizing an old b/w image I wanted to
try to
add a metallic sheen to the skin of the person in the photo but couldn't
figure
out how.

I don't quite understand the gradient tool enough but it seems it cannot
be used
for such a purpose as filling a free selection (face, chest, etc.) with a
metallic gradient...is that correct?

All tutorials I've seen point to metallic text creation, or they are PS
tutorials with settings and options not in Gimp.

I'd appreciate any guidance with this , thank you!

Cheers
WoodGoat

--
WoodGoat (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)