[Gimp-user] missing Unicode chars in GIMP's interface?

This one's not necessarily GIMP specific, GIMP just happens to be the first example of it I have on hand:  At
the bottom of the image window, my Zoom listbox shows a missing Unicode symbol next to the displayed zoom
level.  E.g. instead of "100%" it shows "100 [2 0 0 ... ]" (the last digit is probably a 5 but it's cut off).

According to the Unicode standard manual, 2005 is a "four-per-em space" (compared to a regular, 0x0020 space
which is synonymous with "2-per-em".)

This is the only location in GIMP where this happens -- all other interface text anywhere I can find displays
fine.  (This includes the View menu, where the various Zoom presets correctly show a %.)

It has been displaying like this for literally years (since at least 2.8.2) .  Can I fix it on my end or
should I file it as a bug?

-- Stratadrake
strata_ranger hotmail com