Re: [Gimp-user] GIMP -2.8.10 Brushes

Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 18:16:50 +0530
From: rsphagura gmail com
To: gimp-user-list gnome org
Subject: [Gimp-user] GIMP -2.8.10 Brushes

Hi,
I am an old user of GIMP. Earlier, versions that I used had some very
simple paint brushes in six or seven thickness sizes, which were convenient
for me to pick from in order to draw the lines or shapes of different width
in my gray-scale sketches which I drew for my books.
However, I do not find those brush-sizes in gimp-2.8.10. Can someone guide
me how I can get those simple paint-brushes and how I can install them in
this new version?

Thanks and regards,

Randhir Phagura

scl has already touched upon it somewhat, but one of the large design changes in recent GIMPs is that brush
size is now a tool setting instead of a brush setting - so instead of having a set of 3/5/7/9/11/etc. sized
brushes (being otherwise identical in settings) you have one brush (with a specific shape/hardness/angle/etc)
and you set the size directly using the slider in the tool's options.  You can still create various sized
brushes (as previous versions did) but then any time you change a brush you'll need to verify the brush size
prior to using it (the slider has a reset button next to it for this purpose).

-- Stratadrake
strata_ranger hotmail com