Re: [Gimp-user] Tools

Benjamin Mark writes:
Good evening,
I am an old photoshop user so I tend to think I will not need too
much help. However ... I was messing with the default tools set-up
and now it's gone. Can you tell me how to get the original tool
set-up back.

One way to get ALL defaults back is to exit gimp and then rename your
GIMP profile.

On Windows, I believe that's in C:\Users\"yourname"\.gimp-2.8
but you can find out for sure by going to Edit->Preferences, expand
the Folders category, and click on just about any category in there.
You'll see a system location and a location inside your profile.

Now go to one level above your profile folder (e.g.  C:\Users\"yourname")
and rename the .gimp-2.8 folder to something else, like maybe
.gimp-2.8.sav. Then run gimp again. It won't see your profile any
more, and will create a new one, filled with all defaults.

If you had anything stored inside your old profile (brushes or plug-ins
or whatever), you can move it over to the new one. That's the reason
for renaming it rather than just deleting it.

        ...Akkana