[Gimp-user] Printing a resized Image

On Sat, Jun 7, 2014 at 5:37 PM, Patrick Shanahan
<ptilopteri gmail com>
wrote:
It's also better to keep a larger image but modify the dots per inch
adjust the print size so that a more crisp image is printed at the
size you
require.

e.g. you have 3000x2250 px image and you wanted to print a 9x5" photo
it
would be better to keep the image the same size and set the DPI to
3000/9 =
333.33 DPI but you would need to calculate and crop the height.  If
you
have 2250/333.33DPI = 6.75".  Since that is the case then you should
crop
your image and make the height 5*333.33 px = 1666.66px.

As a summary if I wanted to print my large image to a 9x5" printed
photo
I'd have to crop it to 3000x1666px and set the print to 333 DPI (dots
per
inch) give or take some minor percent error.

SAM,

Sam,
Thanks, I'll play around with it and see if I can get the results I need.

--
fotch (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)