Re: [Gimp-user] Correctly citing Gimp

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 2:44 PM, elvispezlie <forums gimpusers com> wrote:
Hi
I am writing a book (not Gimp related) and mention how I use Gimp for image
manipulation. I want to know the correct way to cite Gimp in writing please.

Well first, you'd likely rather write GIMP, with all capital letters,
since GIMP is an acronym. You may even cite the full name: GNU Image
Manipulation Program
As for the rest, you may want to give the http://gimp.org address,
which is the official project web address, hence the main reference to
refer people to, if they want to know more by themselves.

And after that, it's up to you how much more details you want to write
in your book, especially if it is not about GIMP. You may want to
explain what is GIMP (on the website, the project description is: " It
is a freely distributed piece of software for such tasks as photo
retouching, image composition and image authoring."), or talk about
the license (GPLv3). But it all depends on what you want to point at,
in particular.
Have fun.

Jehan

Many thanks