Re: [Gimp-user] Resize image

On Wed, 09 Jul 2014 14:50:54 -0500
Cindy Schmidt <gracewarejewelry gmail com> wrote:

I am a GIMP beginner....
1.When I crop a picture, what is the best way to resize? I have been using Image/scale image, then setting
width and height at 4896 & 3264.
Is that best? Or how is best to help retain quality.

It depends on how you want to use the image. For example, 4896 x 3264 pixels would be a large image for use
on a Web page.

2. I have been using Filters/enhance/unsharp mask...is this best, rather than Sharpen? And do I leave the
Radius/amount/threshold settings at what pops up?

Unsharp mask has ugly defaults for a lot of images, and you probably want to reduce the amount. I prefer
Sharpen for a lot of cases, but it all depends on how you will use the image.

Liam