Re: [Gimp-user] Gimp is not free... that's why people prefer paid software.

08 янв. 2014 г. 11:02 пользователь "FallenLegend" <forums gimpusers com>
написал:

No, GIMP is not free Nor any open source program for that matter.It costs
the
time and effort our brilliant developers gift us and yes even money
because
their work has a lot of value....So why we keep pretending it is really
"free".

It's just a matter of perspective. Things that make no sense to you make a
perfect sense to others, and vice versa.

Why not pay them for their hard work? why  we don't  pay for developers
to work
in open source like GIMP as if it was a job?. Gimp is an will always be
free but
Why we not as users pay to have developers work on this proyect?

Again, a matter of perspective. Also, a matter of background. Not every
team is ready to do the paperwork, the coordination work etc. Not every
team thinks that having community as a boss is a great idea. Not every team
has developers available for full-time work. Some developers go as far as
refusing to accept donations altogether.

I think one day we as fans of gimp should have this option. To pay
developers to
work fro GIMP

The future will show :) Personally, I agree with you on quite a few pointa.
But at the same time I respect the team's view that centralized paid work
is not a good idea at this time.

Alexandre