[Gimp-user] Macro recorder

I have tried to find about usable macro recorders for Gimp and only read about Gimpscripter, but there were no reports about whether it is really working. So my question is whether there is any usable macro recorder for Gimp.

Wolfgang Hugemann

P.S.:
I don't need to ne taught about the limited functionality of such a feature. I have used the macro recorder in Microsoft Office quite a lot and found it very useful over the years: You usually cannot use a recorded macro out of the box, but it gives you an idea of which functionality/object to use. It is a very instructive way of learnig an new macro language.