Re: [Gimp-user] Canon 6700D bugs Gutenprint 5.2.10 fix ASAP

Hello,

On Sun, Dec 21, 2014 at 2:27 PM, smilem <forums gimpusers com> wrote:
Hello, there is allot of bugs on Canon 6700D printer driver.
Since the gutenprint at sourceforge is dead, I'm posting here. Perhaps somebody
know how to fix this.

As you write yourself, you are posting to the wrong project. You need
to go ask whatever project is taking care of updating drivers for your
printer. Even if not Gutenprint, I'm sure there must be some other
project at least remotely maintaining these drivers (I tried to search
a little, but I can't even find a Canon 6700D, there is a Canon
iP6700D though, is it the same?).
This said, I see on their webpage that they had a release in May 2014;
and even though they have very few commits, I still see they make a
few commits a month. So it does not seem completely dead to me.

So I will suggest you go ask the project maintainers directly. There
is nothing we can do here.
Thanks.

Jehan

    The printer prints OK only in "Plain paper" see for screenshots
http://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/gutenprint-the-poor-mans-rip.9549/page-2#post-77610

The printer does not print in high resolution mode no matter what setting is
selected. With one clogged nozzle I get lines is the print. Printer prints 2x
faster than with original canon driver on photo papers. Please fix this.

--
smilem (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)