[Gimp-user] Text Problem on New Instal

I've been using Gimp on an older Mac for a while, but recently bought a new
computer - MacBook Pro Retina, 13-inch, running Yosemite 10.10.1.

I loaded Gimp 2.8.14

When I try to work on a file, the fonts are all heavily pixelated.

The attached screen-shot is a new file, 300 dpi, 8x5 inches.  The view is 100%.

All font's appear this way, even when I try to export the image as a JPG.  the
preview buttons also appear very fuzzy when I pull up the font menu.

Any ideas?

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/179/original/Fuzzy_Fonts.tiff

--