Re: [Gimp-user] layers or animation tab on the bottom

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 4:59 AM, XxHAMADEHxX <forums gimpusers com> wrote:
I'm trying to put my layers tab on the bottom like this
http://www.exabytedesigns.com/images/blog/extras/how-to-create-an-animated-gif-in-photoshop-8-a.jpg
 but I have been unable to do so.

Well you show a Photoshop screenshot here.
Not sure if that's on purpose and you were just asking whether this
can be done in GIMP too, or if you confuse both software. So just in
case this is a confusion: they are not the same software.

Any ideas if this is possible?

First of all, this screenshot was not showing image layers, but
animation frames. We have an animation plugin in GIMP, but it's not
very good/generic yet, and in any case, it does not integrate to the
main UI (that's a separate window). So if you meant the animation
frames, as in your screenshot, the answer is "no".

If you really meant the layers, well the answer is "no" as well.
Currently all our dockable dialogs can only go on the left or right
side, and their layout has been consequently thought to be vertical,
rather than horizontal.

 thanks.

You're welcome, though that's obviously not the answers you were hoping for.
In any case, enjoy GIMP.

Jehan

--
XxHAMADEHxX (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)