Re: [Gimp-user] Info

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 5:51 PM, Joe Floersheimer <joe shoes verizon net> wrote:
Is there a way to print out the user manual for Gimp that I downloaded?

You mean, other than downloading the HTML pages and hitting print at
each page (which may indeed not be the faster/nicest rendering)?

Well it seems that the source files are able to render a pdf manual.
So you will need to download the "Manual Source Release for GIMP 2.8"
from http://docs.gimp.org/.
Checking the configure, you will need an additional tool called
`dblatex`, and the building steps should likely be:
$ ./configure
$ make pdf

And then the output pdf should be far better to be printed than many html pages.
Now I don't know your level of technicity, and maybe you don't want to
build the pdf this way yourself (though it's the best way to be
independent from the release team). And I don't know if the GIMP
documentation team plans to release a pdf version as well. They don't
seem to have released any lately. Anyone knows if there is such plan?

Jehan