Re: [Gimp-user] Trouble opening JPG files with black features

* C210LUV <forums gimpusers com> [08-16-14 21:18]:
I have recently been getting into long-exposure and night-time
photography.  I am using a Canon Digital Rebel, and Windows 7 64-bit OS.
I am updated to GIMP 2.8.10.

Whenever I try to open a JPG file in GIMP that contains any solid black
features (i.e.  black night background, even black silhouettes during
fairly well-lit evening shots), I see the program thinking for about
five seconds (rotating circle) and then, nothing.  I have waited as long
as ten minutes with no results.  I have converted the RAW files to JPEG
on two different editing programs before bringing them to GIMP.  The
image thumbnail appears with no hesitation, but the full image can not
be opened.

Maybe provide a location to dl images which display this problem ???