Re: [Gimp-user] Scroll buttons

This certainly looks like a window manager problem. I don't believe that
gimp has any control over scroll bar position or style. It looks to me
like a style thing. In gimp, you can turn scroll bars off and on under
Preferences > Image Windows > Appearance > Show Scrollbars, But no other
influence AFAIK.

Just for kicks, I would try changing your windows theme and see what
kind of results you get.