Re: [Gimp-user] changes in gimp 2.8

Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2013 13:03:23 +0200
From: schumaml gmx de
To: gimp-user-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] changes in gimp 2.8

Second, it seems the text tool has been refactored a bit.  Now when I go to
type text, it has a fixed size of 18 pixels.  If I raise this amount, and
select the text in the text box again, the number reverts back to 18 and I
get small text.  What's going on here?  Is there a different workflow now
for selecting that number?

Where do you change the text size - in the tool options dialog or the
on-canvas dialog?

Very important to learn for 2.8 is that the font size in the Tool Options dialog controls the "default" size
of the text object, while the on-canvas dialog is a secondary size that only applies to selected text within
that object, i.e. you can mix different sizes/styles in the same text layer (similar to a traditional word
processor).  Powerful, but you have to know it exists first.

For example, if you have a text object with a default size of 18pt but one word in there is manually set to
12pt (67%), if you change the default size to 24 then the other word becomes 16 points (still 67%).

-- Stratadrake
strata_ranger hotmail com