Re: [Gimp-user] Question about bump map location

On Mon, 2013-09-02 at 13:32 -0600, Judy Wilson wrote:
My question: I would like to put a "watermark" of my logo on images, and
I can do so with the Map, Bump Map Filter. However, the location of the
bump map is a problem. At 0 on the X and Y Offset sliders, it goes into
the upper left hand corner. OK. The problem is the sliders only move to
-1000, and my images are often larger than that, and I want to put the
bump map into the lower right hand corner, and the sliders will not
allow that. Typing in the numbers doesn't work, and moving the bump map
in the preview with the middle mouse button doesn't work. Of course if I
make the images smaller I can get it into the right hand lower corner,
but I want to use the larger image. Any solution for this, or do I have
to just live with this ... defect(?) for now. Thank you!

Hi Judy,

The limits are now -10000 and 10000, I have no clue how that silly
small limit happened in the first place. Thanks for being a long time
GIMP user! :)

Regards,
--Mitch

commit aa5c186a3dc211fd8c17c55f915edc12a4f658df
Author: Michael Natterer <mitch gimp org>
Date:   Tue Sep 3 16:00:09 2013 +0200

    Bug 707354 - Bump Map offsets only go to 1000 regardless of image
size

    Allow ranges from -10000 to 10000, still arbitrary but more
    real-world. The scales still go -1000 to 1000, but the spinbuttons
    allow for the full range.

    (cherry picked from commit af0cfacfb3fdd4308dc28167a8be74e5141fc1eb)

 plug-ins/common/bump-map.c | 8 ++++----