Re: [Gimp-user] Question about bump map location

On 09/02/2013 03:32 PM, Judy Wilson wrote:
snipped

My question: I would like to put a "watermark" of my logo on images, and
I can do so with the Map, Bump Map Filter. However, the location of the
bump map is a problem. At 0 on the X and Y Offset sliders, it goes into
the upper left hand corner. OK. The problem is the sliders only move to
-1000, and my images are often larger than that, and I want to put the
bump map into the lower right hand corner, and the sliders will not
allow that. Typing in the numbers doesn't work, and moving the bump map
in the preview with the middle mouse button doesn't work. Of course if I
make the images smaller I can get it into the right hand lower corner,
but I want to use the larger image. Any solution for this, or do I have
to just live with this ... defect(?) for now. Thank you!

Judy Wilson

Judy,

Thanks for all your efforts to support The Movement.  :-)

I can't answer the question you are asking, however, I use a perl script that invokes ImageMagick to add watermarks to large quantities of images.

http://www.imagemagick.org

Since I do put my watermark in the upper left corner, I have not paid attention to whether ImageMagick can apply the watermark based on the position from the lower right corner, but I would guess that it can.

And if the answer to that is no, there is another trick you could try, especially if you are using a script to batch process. First, make your watermark image upside down and backwards. Then rotate each image 180 degrees, apply the watermark, flatten the image, and rotate it back to upright.

Last note: When I batch process to apply watermarks, I always only apply to _copies_ of the images as invariably I later need the original without watermark for some other use. (This also prevents destroying the original if your batch script does not do as expected.)

Jay