Re: [Gimp-user] Ubuntu Gimp menus slow to load

Hi woollypigs,

On Thu, 24 Oct 2013 20:49:39 +0200
woollypigs <forums gimpusers com> wrote:

Hello

Running Gimp 2.8.6 on Ubuntu 13.10, 3Gb RAM, 1.6Ghz dual core laptop.

Gimp has been working just fine until two or so weeks ago, around the same
time that 13.10 became live. I had been running 13.10 in beta for a few
months before that. All updates installed, even tried to un-install and
re-install Gimp.

Still opening Gimp at normal speed, but now the menu (File - Edit - Select
etc) takes around 10 or more seconds to appear and the drop down takes around
2-3 seconds to render. If I can remember the short cut, I can use them
without the wait. When I switch from another program its menu is displayed
for a while. Often have to wait for longer to get the menu back.

Does it also happen in a new UNIX user account? What is your desktop
environment? Please report those things in the Ubuntu bug that you will file.

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish