Re: [Gimp-user] album cover

On 10/20/2013 01:38 PM, rich2005 wrote:
You might find a printer that will take an RGB image.

Gimp will convert to a tiff or jpeg using a plugin called separate+ (a search
will find it)
Inkscape is the same as Gimp uses RGB and there are extensions to export to
CMYK.

There can be (will be) a colour shift when you change colour profiles form RGB
to CMYK

Best advice I ever got: 'Always get a proof print before ordering those 5000
pamphlets/brochures/menus...."

What would be best, to do the conversion yourself via Gimp or let the company do it?

Why would an RGB editor be useful if all the professional printing companies uses CMYK?

This is what I have now, almost finished, feedback is welcome:

http://ubuntuone.com/0AXHecIWwV0hvRLs24ww3s (album cover)
http://ubuntuone.com/6GD6wX4UHSQCNipsGDeXeT (cd label)

Best regards,
\r