[Gimp-user] English (UK) help installed to unrecognised location

I've just installed GIMP 2.8.6 and the English (United Kingdom) user manual from:
  http://www.gimp.org/downloads/
on Windows Vista.

Initially, the local help was not working, and Edit > Preferences > Help System indicated "The user manual is not installed locally". After a bit of searching, I tried renaming the folder:
  C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\share\gimp\2.0\help\en_GB\
to:
  C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\share\gimp\2.0\help\en\
and the local user manual started working as expected.

It appears the UK English help installs to a folder (en_GB) not recognised by GIMP. Not sure if this affects other operating systems as well, or just Windows.

I was about to file a bug report as I couldn't see one already, but bugzilla.gnome.org seems to have stopped responding. Will try again later, but anyway thought others might like to know the workaround.

Mark.