[Gimp-user] Continuos Motion GIF from one Background Image

Hi there everyone.  I am looking to replicate an animation I found.  However, I
have no idea where to start.

The concept is easy,  you have a picture of a supercell thunderstorm, and the
goal is to get the supercell to rotate in the animation and make it look like
its continuous motion.  Something that doesn't restart from the beginning.  It
basically looks like the storm is rotating and continuing to rotate without
restarting.

I have an example, not sure who the author is, so I haven't been able to contact
him/her.  I am hoping this is something you can do with a script or at least
have a step by step instructions to replicate.

The example is attached.  I opened it with GIMP but can't tell what steps were
taken.  I highly appreciate any help.  Thanks.

-Gerrit

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/74/original/giphy.gif

--