Re: [Gimp-user] GIMP Training Course

No doubt people more versed in using Gimp than myself will chime in.
But it seems to me that "financial reasons" don't make good reasons to
use Gimp.

The best reason to use Gimp is because it's an excellent image editor.
The reason Gimp is an excellent image editor is because (1)It's the
product of nearly two decades worth of development by very talented
programmers and (2)It's open source.

Without the ongoing involvement of the programmers, Gimp wouldn't
exist. Because Gimp is open source, anyone who wants Gimp to do
something new, can (and many people do!) write the code and contribute
it. Which means Gimp can do more things, and do them well, than any
one user, book, or training course can possibly cover.

So the more useful approach might be to start with your target
audience, decide what image editing procedures might benefit them the
most, and then ask about where to find good information about
accomplishing those image editing procedures using Gimp.

Kind regards,
Elle