Re: [Gimp-user] Path Tool Problems

akovia (akovia1 eml cc) wrote:
1. Can't add intermediate nodes.

There are times when I'll go to add a node between existing nodes and
it won't allow me to do so. I have to walk the path until I can find a
spot will it will let me and delete all the nodes to that point and
build the path again. The last time this happened I had copied a path
from a different gimp image and pasted it into my new drawing. I'm not
sure if this always follows a paste operation or not, but will try to
troubleshoot it further the next time it happens.

Make sure the path is "connected" to the path tool, e.g. by
doubleclicking the path in the path dialog.

I designed the path tool to "usually" stay in Design mode. Then you can
use Control to temporarily switch to Edit mode. Edit-mode on-top of a
path segement should show a small "+" at the mouse cursor, clicking will
result in adding a node at this point.

Control+Shift will be Edit-Mode plus "subtract/remove" - i.e.
ctrl-shift-clicking on top of a node will remove it, ctrl-shift-clicking
on a segment will open up the path by removing the segment.

2. Node selection precision.

No idea about that one. I don't think I've seen that.

3. Path strokes.

Quite often on big complicated paths  that I try to stroke, there will
be a few sharp angles that won't protrude out to a point and will just
look like it was cut off.

Do you stroke with a tool? Or by "stroke line"? with which options? For
the Mitre-Join the Mitre-Limit determines the amount of "allowed
protrusion".

Can you provide screenshots of the problematic results?

Thanks,
        Simon

--
              simon budig de              http://simon.budig.de/