Re: [Gimp-user] Help while Offline?

Reinhardt Christiansen wrote,

Is there any way to make the GIMP help information available when I'm
offline?

Yes.

I'm not always able to go online while editing images with GIMP and it
would be very helpful to be able to have a copy of the GIMP Help
documentation right on my laptop, even if it is slightly out-of-sync
with whatever version of GIMP I am running. (For instance, I am running
2.8 but the online documentation may be at the 2.9 level.)

Can I download the Help information somewhere and put it on my computer
and then make it accessible to GIMP when I am offline?

As you appear to be using Windows:

http://www.gimp.org/downloads/ then "Show other downloads" then "GIMP
for Windows" should eventually lead you to:
ftp://ftp.gimp.org/pub/gimp/help/windows/2.8/

--
Bob Long