[Gimp-user] FYI: Gimp 2.9.1 - Git version - Ubuntu packages for Raring and Saucy are available

Thorsten:
I was able to install on my 13.0 Ubuntu, and it worked great for a couple of
hours, was quite snappy, too!
However, shortly thereafter, Gimp began refusing to open newly created 16 bit
tiff files (see my post earlier re: Gimp 2.9.1 Plug-in crashed: "file-tiff-load"

Are you able to offer any clues behind this error message?  Why would it have
worked for a while, then stop working, and why do those files with which I had
success continue to open, but new files not?  Curious.

Great work though, thanks.  Loved it while I had it.

Caruso

Hi, folks,

Success!

FYI: If you need to install a Gimp developer snapshot - just call it
Gimp 2.9.1 - on Ubuntu Raring and Saucy try this:

https://launchpad.net/~otto-kesselgulasch/+archive/gimp-experimental/

But consider it's experimental. Use it on your own risk!

PS: I could not made packages for Precise and Quantal because of a
dependency issue: Gimp 2.9 needs at least Glib 2.36. I will try to
build
a standalone version for "older" Ubuntus which will carry it's own
packages.

Sorry for that

--
Carusoswi (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)