Re: [Gimp-user] GIMP app?

On Tue, 2013-05-28 at 06:38 -0400, Shannon Howe wrote:
Hello all,

Does Gimp have an apple application version yet?

No. And there won't be one because:

Apple sucks and doesn't allow GPL in the App store.

GIMP is 90% GUI code and "porting" that would be a complete rewrite.

Regards,
--Mitch

 If not, do they plan on coming out with one? I am considering buying a tablet such as the iPad, but one of
the main features I will be looking for is the ability to use as a graphics tablet. I understand that there
are tablets specifically designed for this purpose, however, I also want to be able to use other apps such
as Facebook, email, wi-fi, netflix, etcetera. I do NOT want to have to purchase two separate tablets! I
already have a Mac, iPhone and iPod, so I figure I should stick with apple products for smoother continuity
between them. I just want to be able to work on projects on the go, and also be able to use the stylus
rather than a mouse to do them, rather than waiting until I am home and doing them on my Mac. Also if an
app is created, it should be fully functional (i.e. creating layers, everything). Thank for your time! :)