Re: [Gimp-user] GIMP Success celebrated on Flickr

Hi,

On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 3:08 AM, Alexandre Prokoudine
<alexandre prokoudine gmail com> wrote:
On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 10:04 PM, Jehan Pagès wrote:

For me, the official promotion was the GIMP website.

I wonder how that is possible for a website that has no linkable news
pages or news archive or basic taxonomy.

One of the reasons that G+ page exists is that it's impossible to do
any promotion on gimp.org.

Well… that's what I was saying. :-)

For Google+, I know it became kind of a habit for many people to first
search in social networks (Facebook, G+, Twitter, whatever some
company will do next), but my personal only habit is to search in a
web engine and I don't even have accounts for any network (I actually
have an unused one for G+ because I tested hangouts once or twice).
And if I search "GIMP" on google for instance, the website is the
first answer, and the G+ page is not even in the first page. And on
our official website, there is apparently no link to the G+ page (I
found only a link in a 2012 news). So yeah if we are to consider it as
the main GIMP information/promotion medium (which I find sad, but
whatever), maybe the website should say so.
Anyway just saying.

Jehan

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org