[Gimp-user] circle border wrong shape

Hi guys,
I'm hoping someone can help me. It seems that I have accidentally changed a
setting but I don't know how to fix it. I am trying to create a circle with a
thick edge/border,like this
(https://www.dropbox.com/s/lbmhcfjh4t3ieww/circle.jpeg)
I am going to have text in the border. It worked fine as in previous pic but
gimp wont let me do it anymore. When I try to create a circle with wide edge now
the shape completely changes to a diamond type shape
(https://www.dropbox.com/s/wkxa0am057xzvx1/wrong-circle.jpeg) It's not a circle
anymore! I am guessing that I must have changed some setting but don't know how
to fix it. I would be very grateful if someone could help me.

Thanks very much,
irishtaz

--
irishtaz (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)