Re: [Gimp-user] bucket fill - my fault or a bug ?

On 03/27/2013 05:10 PM, 3052192 wrote:

OS Win 7 64 bit / RAM 16 GB

Hi friends,

I think I make mistakes in using the bucket-fill - option of GIMP.

I want to use it for colouring (don't grin - by different shades of grey 5-10%)

to make in black-and-white maps details like lakes or defined areas better visible.

I tried it as follows:

I choose the layer where to use the fill in, choose the colour and click to the area,

but the whole layer is coloured. I searched for help via the GIMP website, but I

was not successful following the advices.

So at the moment I use the fill-in-option of Photoshop 6, but that's much too

complicated: Export from GIMP to tiff, import to Photoshop, fill-in, save as

tiff, re-import to GIMP as a new layer.

My file is about 1,3 GB (!) with 57 layers and Photoshop 6 is not able to work

with any file as big.

I appreciate yor help!

Konrad

In the Tool options dialog, in the "Affected area" section, check if it is "Fill whole selection" (likely not what you want, unless you have a selection) or "Fill similar colors".