Re: [Gimp-user] Does GIMP Support RAW Images?

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 5:35 AM, Kasim Ahmic wrote:
Ok I'll look into those programs, thank you! Although, do you know if there are any plans on supporting RAW?

Announcing plans would be most unwise :) People tend to treat plans as promises.

Yes, we want to make native support for RAW images.
Yes, we have some initial code for that in GEGL, our new image processing core.
No, we don't know when this will be available. Nobody is working on it
right now.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org