Re: [Gimp-user] Does GIMP Support RAW Images?

On Mon, Mar 04, 2013 at 05:34:36PM -0500, Kasim Ahmic wrote:
I've recently been looking into getting a Canon EOS Rebel T3. I noticed
that it can take RAW images and I was just wondering if GIMP supports
that.

GIMP doesn't have RAW support directly. There is a UFRaw plugin, but you may
be better served by a dedicated RAW converter such as RawTherapee,
DarkTable, or LightZone. (These are all free and open source.)

If you need to do touch-up work after raw conversion, you can export a TIFF
file and import that into Gimp.