Re: [Gimp-user] "checking for BZ2_bzCompress in -lbz2... no"

Don't copy system files to the tree!

In the tree, do the following:
grep -i bz2 config.log -n -a10

Basically check the log to see why conftest.c is failing at bz2. That
should tell you why BZ2_bzCompress is missing.

My guess is you are missing the libbz2-1.0.dev (or whatever it's called in
Debian). Pull in the dev package using your package installer.