Re: [Gimp-user] A sad case of regression ?

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 8:03 PM, Crew wrote:

If the discussion has had thousands of comments in the past it's pretty
clear it's at least contentious.

There's that old war trick: crawl towards the opposing army in the
dark and make as much noise as possible like there's an army of you.

I'm sorry you had to crawl, but the noise isn't fooling me. A lot of
people are happy with 2.8, the user base is growing. If you are not
one of them, it's a pity, but stuff like that happens everywhere, all
the time, to all sort of projects.

If this is the sort of advice given out to new users I can see why The Gimp
is regarded so poorly by imaging professionals.

Oh, there are many reasons imaging professionals regard GIMP poorly.
Would you like to discuss all of them? :)

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org