Re: [Gimp-user] Using Ctrl + Scrollwheel to Zoom

On 06/01/2013 02:21 PM, richardchiu wrote:
I used to be able to use the shortcut of ctrl + scrollwheel to zoom around on
the image I'm working on. Now I can't get this shortcut to work for me anymore.
I tried reinstalling GIMP 2.8.4 with no luck.

Could somebody please help me troubleshoot this?

Hey Richard,

I don't know your exact problem, and the group might need details -
especially your operating system ID - to figure this out, if the
directons below do not work.  That said, here's a picture that might
be worth 1,000 words:

http://pilobilus.net/img/mouse-scale-brush.jpg

The menus shown are from GIMP 2.6 but I just took a look at 2.8 and
found the same menus and options there.  Double click "Main Mouse
Wheel" in the Active Controllers pane under Additional Input
Controllers to bring up the configuration menu.

Another thing I did when setting up GIMP 2.8 - not shown in the
picture - is configure Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Scroll to:

context-brush-hardness-increase-skip (for scroll up)
context-brush-hardness-decrease-skip (for scroll down)

:o)

Steve