Re: [Gimp-user] still boring export - save as - discussion

Paul Cartwright (pbcartwright gmail com) wrote:
Just noticed that there is a new, at least to me, menu option under
"File", "Overwrite <original-file-name>", which effectively accomplishes
the action desired by those unable to adjust.  Perhaps an attempt has been
made to lower the noise ratio here.
overwriting the original is usually NOT a good idea.. I'm a firm
believer in renaming. I usually rename adding an "s" at the end ( small)
when I create 1024X XXX size photos to share in email & facebook..

This is however exactly, what all these threads ask for when asking for
the "old" save behaviour.

Bye,
        Simon
--