Re: [Gimp-user] Fix photo with uneven exposure

I hurriedly photographed the text in a greeting card and have uneven
lighting
and underexposure that I'd like to correct. Please see attachment, in
which I've
increased the brightness and contrast and then desaturated. This helps
but it
needs lots more!

I've looked at tutorials on gradient contrast masks but I get lost
part way
through. Either I'm too much of a newbie to understand (highly
probable) or
maybe the tutorials are for older versions of GIMP. (I'm on 2.8.6 for
Windows.)

I am very grateful for any advice anyone would care to offer!!!

Use the Colors->Threshold tool

It maybe necessary to use the select tool and make various selections
and then apply the threshold tool to those selections

use a brush and paint white to clean up any odd spots

See http://members.pcug.org.au/~rcook/images/threshold.png as a quicky

--
Owen