Re: [Gimp-user] thank you

On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 5:21 AM, susan bassett wrote:
dear GIMP developers,
thank you.
And again, thank you.
And thank you again for making GIMP free.
Do you know that the word 'free' has its origin in the word 'love'?
Our parish office computer was stolen, with it the resident software,
including photoshop.
A friend recommended GIMP.
Slowly, I am gaining familiarity.
Increasingly, I am grateful for your expertise and the gift of the software.
When I have the loot, I'll send some.
All blessings,
Susan

Hi Susan,

That's very flattering to hear, although I'm sorry to hear about your
loss (also, I'm pretty sure that as a legal user of Photoshop you can
re-obtain your registration).

I don't really know what's your level of familiarity with image
editing techniques, but if you wish to increase your GIMP skills, you
can get one of the books we mention at http://www.gimp.org/books/ (a
lot of them are for beginners), and you can also watch the videos at
http://blog.meetthegimp.org/.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org