[Gimp-user] Image Area doesn't respond to mouse.

Help me.
I am new at GIMP and installed the 2.8 today.
After I run it and create new, I can click on the tools, layer windows, and the
pattern and gradients normally(Like how I saw in online videos),
but I can't click on the image/canvas area in the main window.
I can click on the menu bar at the main window, but not the image.
I have tried all tools, but alas it doesn't affect the image.
...and it seems the cursor location at the lower left corner isn't updated.

--
ArRaf (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)