[Gimp-user] Gimp doesn't respond to mouse in image area, at all

Hello.  Some time ago, the Gimp stopped responding to my mouse in the
image
window.  In other windows and on menus the mouse works fine (ie I can
select
brushes and such and use the interface without problems), but in the
image
window (or more precicely, the canvas area) it's as if the mouse
doesn't
even
exist.  All kinds of clicks are ignored, the rulers doesn't show the
position
of the cursor, and the position in the lower left also isn't updated
(it is
set once upon entering the window, but after that it's dead).  My
tablet
still works fine, but not being able to use the mouse for anything is
somewhat annoying.

This originally happened out of the blue one day while using Gimp
2.2.11
(I unfortunately have no idea what caused this to happen).  I tried
upgrading
to 2.2.12 and then 2.3.13, without success.  I also deleted the
~/.gimp*
directory in the hope that regenerating the config would fix the
problem,
but
no.  No matter what I do, I can't make the Gimp recognize the mouse in
the
image window.  The mouse isn't anything special, and it used to work
with
the
exact same X config I've got now.  I haven't changed the xorg.conf
file in
several months.  The Gimp is the only application with this problem.

This is on a dual-core amd64 processor in 64-bit mode (haven't tried
32-bit),
Linux kernel 2.6.18, Xorg 7.1.

Does anyone know what might be causing this, and how to fix it ?

Thanks,
~ Gerry

I have the same problem, can anyone help? If there are bug fixes, please can
anyone give me the link?

--
ArRaf (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)