[Gimp-user] Compile GIMPv2.9.1 for Debian (Wheezy/Sid)

It looks as though the way you suggest, would pull in the dependencies for GIMP
2.8, which is the latest stable in the Repo.

What I described pulls the latest development files from git. Big difference.
GIMP 2.8, doesn't support 16/32bit Editing, which was the reason for building
v2.9.1 for me at least in the first place.

Though I agree that building as root can be dangerous.

--
studiojunkyard (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)