[Gimp-user] Compile GIMPv2.9.1 for Debian (Wheezy/Sid)

I recently compiled v2.9.1 GIMP on Debian (Wheezy/Sid), this is for Debian
itself, not modified Debian Distro's (such as Ubuntu), though the instructions
may work, I'm not responsible for breaking your system:

As root in a terminal do as below:

apt-get install libjpeg8-dev libopenexr-dev libopenraw-dev libcairo2-dev
librsvg2-dev automake autoconf intltool pkg-config liblua5.1-0-dev gtk-doc-tools
libtiff5-dev python-gtk2-dev libasound2-dev libgimp2.0 libgimp2.0-dev

apt-get remove --purge libgegl-0.1-0 libgegl-0.2-0 libgegl-dev libbabl-0.1-0
libbabl-dev gimp

mkdir /home/{usr}/gimp
cd /home/{usr}/gimp

git clone git://git.gnome.org/babl
git clone git://git.gnome.org/gegl
git clone git://git.gnome.org/gimp

[babl]
./autogen.sh
make
make install

[gegl]
./autogen.sh
make
make install

[gimp]
./autogen.sh
make
make install

For some reason, we had to do a complete remove of libgimp2.0, then reinstall it
for GIMP to work, even though the -dev for it needs to be available to compile.

We also found, that if you previously had GIMP installed using the already
present Menu Option will run the 2.9.1 version. Or, alternatively, and I
recommened for first time run, do as below, so if GIMP doesn't open or crashes
you can see why.

/usr/local/bin/gimp-2.9

Enjoy.

--