[Gimp-user] Rotating An Image Using GIMP 2.8.0. WITHOUT Losing Any Of The Image

WOW!!!   What a GREAT team!
It sure helps to have a solid knowledge and experience base...which I do not.
:-)
I really enjoy learning about GIMP, and I learn more every time I sit down with
it.
The only online Help that I was able to find was from folks who really didn't
know about GIMP's many features and tools.
The solutions given me were at best, 'hack and tear' methods that saw me
cropping out parts of the original image.
I knew there had to be a better way, and enjoyed the process involved in finding
one.
I laugh now, at how close I was to the 'best' one...but still, felt good that at
least mine did the job well.

REVSED and FAR BETTER SOLUTION to this problem then, would be, as given by the
Team at Gimp:

1. ROTATE
2.IMAGE/FIT CANVAS TO LAYERS

THANKS folks for your speedy Replies!

It should now be easier for others with this problem to find a quick and easy
solution.

Take care...

dsvendse

--