Re: [Gimp-user] Rotating An Image Using GIMP 2.8.0. WITHOUT Losing Any Of The Image

Von: dsvendse <forums gimpusers com>

Rotating An Image Using GIMP 2.8.0. WITHOUT Losing Any Of  The Image:

*** Rotating an image in GIMP is quite simple.  What I had trouble finding
on-line help with, was how to Rotate an image without losing any of it's
corners or other details!

I don't see what's special to this method that would keep image details that may get lost due to resampling.

I'm also not sure how parts of the image have been lost before - the default settings of the rotate tool
certainly don't do that; the resulting layer can extend beyond the canvas size, though.

That would turn the procedure into:

1. Rotate
2. Fit Canvas to Layers
   (http://docs.gimp.org/2.8/en/gimp-image-resize-to-layers.html)

Now, if the Clipping mode of the tool is set to Clip (or anything other than Adjust, actually), then parts of
the image are destroyed, and:

0. Set Clipping mode to Adjust
   (http://docs.gimp.org/2.8/en/gimp-tools-transform.html#gimp-tool-transform)

has to be added to the procedure.