Re: [Gimp-user] CMYK + additional color layer?

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 3:47 PM, Kristian Rink <kawazu428 gmail com> wrote:
Hi Alexandre;

wow, that was fast, and to the point, thanks a bunch. :) Just one question
left here:

Am Dienstag, 22. Januar 2013, 15:19:16 schrieb Alexandre Prokoudine:
Do color separation with separate+ or CMYKTool, place the output CMYK
image into a Scribus document, add the "highlight" text to a new layer
and use a spot color you need for color fill of that text, then export
as PDF 1.5 intended for printing.

Yet, I already have text in my original image (and, for that matter, rendering
this text so that it looks the way it does now was quite an effort and the main
reason for me to use Gimp for that, in the first place). The "highlight" layer,
so, will have to be sort of a "by-color" selection taken from the composite
image (text and background picture). That's what so far kept me from looking
into other alternatives as Gimp seems best at doing right this...

Excuse me, but what is the question? :)

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org